Like many events across the local area, the 2020 Emsworth Arts Trail has been cancelled due to the national emergency.
“It was with a heavy heart that we took the decision”, said Carol Price, the event’s chairman. “But we have been overwhelmed by messages of support, from our artists and visitors alike. It has really highlighted what a close-knit and supportive community has built up around the trail.”
The organizing committee discussed a postponement, but it was decided that due to the current uncertainty the best option will be to return in spring 2021.
Emsworth residents and Arts Trail visitors will miss the splash of art, colour and fun that the event infuses into the town. Rest assured though, it will be back for 2021, the 20th Anniversary of this much-loved event. There is also the Emsworth Artists Summer Exhibition planned for late August.
In the meantime, you can find out about the artists and view their work by visiting the Emsworth Arts Trail website or by following them on Facebook or Instagram. The “Artist of the Day” posts will continue to provide a little colour to your social media feeds, and many of the artists sell their work online, or take commissions.
- Photo credits: Group photos Vince Lavender
- Accompanying photos from Press Dropbox Folder, including high res logos:
- There are also a number of photos of individual artists and their work; please feel free to use these – see below for brief details about each artist.
- Background: Emsworth Arts Trail
- Emsworth Arts Trail was first established in 2001 with just six artists opening up their studios to the public. Interest in the event and participation grew year on year and the trail was adopted as part of the Havant Arts Trail from 2004 - 2011.
- In 2012 the trail became the Emsworth Art Trail we know today.
Contacts: Kate L’Amie, Press and Social Media: email@example.com 07779 113663 Carol Price, Chairman: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01243 372610 Julie Turner, Publicity: email@example.com Tel: 07971 989933