Havant MP Alan Mak is launching the area’s first ever MP Jobs & Apprenticeships Fair in a bid to boost the economy and help locals start the new year with a job, apprenticeship or a career change.
Postcode Publications are backing the event as an official media partner, and major local property business Fasset, which operates Langstone Technology Park, are the headline sponsor. Mak is working with Havant Job Centre Plus, who are also backing the event.
The Fair takes place on Friday 19 February at Warblington School between 10AM-4PM.
Major local and national employers will showcase the jobs and apprenticeships they have on offer, as well as employers from the public sector and charities. A raft of local businesses have already signed up, including:
- Property management business Fasset, which operates Langstone Technology Park,
- Enterprise Car Hire, a local car & van hire business based on Southmoor Lane,
- Greggs, the well-known bakery chain
- Barratt Homes, a major local house-builder whose apprentices are currently building the new STRIDE building, Denville’s Community Centre
- Global Radio, a media business that operates local radio stations including Heart Hampshire
- TaylorMade, an IT software firm that sponsors Havant Rugby Club
- ARM – a local recruitment business based in Langstone
- Pimlico Plumbers – One of Britain’s largest plumbing and repairs businesses
The Havant MP has received heavyweight backing from national and local business leaders.
Charlie Mullins OBE, founder of Pimlico Plumbers and reputedly Britain’s first millionaire plumber will open the Jobs & Apprenticeships Fair at 10.30AM.
Alan Mak MP said, “A strong local economy with more jobs and rising living standards is my top priority locally. The Jobs and Apprenticeships fair I’m organising is a practical way I can help residents get a job, build a career and secure a better future for themselves.”
Mak added, “We’re delighted to have major local businesses like Fasset on board, a strong partnership with Havant Job Centre and PO Newspapers, and inspirational business leaders like Charlie Mullins coming on the day. It’s going to be a big event with lots of jobs, apprenticeships and advice on offer. I invite residents of all ages to come on the day!”
Spokesman for Postcode Publications said, “We are all about supporting our local community. We’re proud to back Alan’s Jobs & Apprenticeships Fair which will give our readers and local residents great opportunities to find work, change career, or receive advice.”
Gary Medlow, Managing Director of Fasset said, “Alan’s Jobs and Apprenticeships Fair will play a big role in boosting the local economy and helping residents find work. As socially responsible businesses, companies like mine and all those on Langstone Technology Park are committed to hiring and developing local talent, from apprentices to experienced workers.”