Barratt Homes is planning to make it as easy as possible for house-hunters to buy a new home on Hayling Island with its Movemaker scheme.
With Movemaker you can reserve a brand new Barratt home at The Oysters at a price which is fixed at the point of reservation. The five star house-builder then instructs an estate agent to value your home and market the property.
All you need to do is agree the asking price and check the sales particulars are correct. Barratt will even pay for the estate agent’s fees for you.
Barratt Homes sales director Michelle Storer said, “Buying a new home can be a stressful time and sometimes you might not know where to begin. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to relieve some of that stress and talk buyers through the advantages of Movemaker.”
And it is urging anyone interested in a new year move to put their home on the market sooner rather than later to take advantage of the increased number of people who search for their new home online over the Christmas period.
Figures from the five star house-builder reveal that visits to its own website show a massive rise in hits in the week before Christmas with the busiest individual days just after Christmas on December 27 and January 3.
It is a similar picture with housing portals such as Rightmove which says it sees the largest volume of traffic from Boxing Day through to the first week of January.
“People may think that December is a bad time to put their home on the market but the increase in website traffic means that it is in fact one of the best times to showcase your existing home to potential buyers leaving you free to move into one of our homes,’’ said Michelle.
Six steps to moving home with Barratt Homes and Movemaker
- Choose and reserve your new Barratt home
- Two independent surveyors will then value your existing home
- A selling price will be agreed with you and we will ask you to sign a Movemaker agreement with us
- We instruct an estate agent to market your property and you will then be asked to make a final check of the sales particulars
- When an acceptable offer is made, the estate agent will ensure things run smoothly through to completion
- Move in to your beautiful new home
For more information, please call 0844 5710 385 or visit barratthomes.co.uk